About The Nappy Lady
I'm Wendy, The Nappy Lady, and I've been married to my husband James for 14 years. We live in Farnham in Surrey, and have three children aged 13, 10, and 8 years old. The Nappy Lady was founded in 1999 to provide free, independent nappy advice tailored to YOUR needs. I believe there isn't anyone else on the internet that provides as comprehensive a service as The Nappy Lady does.
The Nappy Lady is a small family business with all advice led by my personally. When you ask for advice from The Nappy Lady that's exactly what you get. You can guarantee you're speaking to a very experienced cloth nappy user who has been there, done it, and pretty much heard and seen every possible cloth nappy scenario possible! I'm passionate about using cloth nappies and love helping parents switch to them. I host antenatal nappy demos and fittings please contact us to arrange a demo/nappy fitting.
I've been using cloth nappies since our first child was a week old. We decided to use cloth nappies when I was pregnant, both for financial and environmental reasons. I fell in love with his cloth nappies very quickly and loved showing off his cloth bum at the baby clinic. When babies two and three came along they reused our first son's nappies, giving us a wonderful financial saving of around £2500 over the 8+ years we've had cloth bums in our home!
I've been fortunate to be invited onto radio shows including Jeremy Vine, worked with the BBC on Shop Well For Less and in the national and local press. I'm always happy to be interviewed and help bring modern cloth nappies to a new generation.
Wendy Richards, Director
Other members of our Nappy Lady team are:
- Anna - Part of our customer service/accounts team. Anna works with Wendy processing your orders, answering emails and phone queries, dealing with deliveries (she does everything really). Anna wasn't sure where to start with cloth nappies until she joined our team. We are very proud of her converting to cloth, she's a great person to speak to if you're coming to cloth a bit later she's been there done it and now loving testing lots of nappies.
- Louise - Works 2 days a week supporting Anna and Wendy on our busiest days. Louise used cloth nappies on both her children using prefolds with a laundry service. Louise loves packing orders but ends up taking longer as she's so busy loving how soft they are and how much they have changed since prefolds.
- Roisin - Works 3 days a week helping processing orders, emails, advice queries, phone calls and gets very excited when we receive new product lines. Roisin helps oversee our hire kits making sure they are back in time ready for the next hirer. Roisin has used cloth nappies from birth with her children. She is also a fully qualified La Leche League counsellor if you have any breast feeding queries.
- Cathy - Dispatching your lovely orders and incredibly neat at packing! You'll know if Cathy packed yours.
- Zoe - Working alongside Cathy to dispatch your orders quickly and securely. Zoe helps keep our warehouse logical
and spots any low stock level items to make sure we've got more on the way!
- Vicky - Joined our team in late 2018 working in our packing team dispatching your lovely orders.
- Jemma - Joined our team in late 2018 working in our packing team dispatching your lovely orders.
- Gemma - Online Advisor working with Wendy offering advice all over the world. Gemma has used cloth on all her children and is exceptionally experienced.
- Sarah - Online Advisor working with Wendy offering advice all over the world. Sarah has used cloth on all her children and is also exceptionally experienced. Sarah runs a local nappy library in Guildford and is also now a qualified sling consultant offering fittings and loans via her Sling Library.
- Gina - Helps admin our social media, advice requests and queries and is found online at random times like Wendy!