Bare and Boho Care Guide
Prewash before use
Our natural fibre inserts require washing before use, to increase absorbency and release any natural oils. So once you have received your brand new nappies, we recommend following the below steps before use. There is no need to wash the shells but some people choose to do so for hygiene reasons.
- Option 1: Soak items overnight in water, followed by main wash. 2-3 hour cycle (Cottons/Heavy Duty), 40 degrees.
- Option 2: 3-5x Main wash cycles. 2-3 hour cycle (Cottons/Heavy Duty) Max 40 degrees. Detergent needed for first cycle only. Don’t dry in between washes.
Stretch: Once washed and before drying, stretch all inserts to maximum shape by pulling out gusset aps and ends. Slight shrinkage with the natural fibre inserts will occur. Stretching when wet, and before drying, is vital.
- Hand-rinse and dry-pail end of each day: Shake/scrape/rinse solid waste off inserts in to toilet. Use soft silicone scrub brush to remove waste off inserts, shells and elastics. Use soap bar such as ‘Tuff Stuff’ to gently agitate any stains. (Remove net from bar for gentler agitation). Squeeze water out, place in the dry-pail*, until machine wash day.
- Rinse Cycle Every 1-2 Days: 30-45 Min. 40-60 degrees. . Designed to remove excess soiling. (1/2 dose recommended detergent for your machine). Select cycle which removes soiled water. Dry-pail if not following wash with the main cycle immediately.
- Main Cycle Every 2-3 days: 2-3 Hour (Cottons/Heavy Duty). 40-60 degrees. Use recommended dosage of detergent for your load size. Double dosage for recommended eco-detergents.
- Drying: Line dry in direct sunlight. Tumble-dry or portable clothes airer suitable (excluding nappy shells, shade dry only. Do not tumble-dry shells or place in direct sunlight as this can cause damage long term and void warranty.) *Before drying, stretch all wet inserts to maximum shape.
- Dry-pail: Open lid storage bucket/basket featuring holes all around sides for maximum air ow. Kept dry, no soaking necessary unlike traditional cloth nappies.
- For ideal agitation, ensure machine is loosely loaded fully when dry (or equates to being 2/3 full once wet.) Smaller household laundry items (excluding towels) are needed to help bulk the load. *Choose light coloured laundry items.
- Avoid highly perfumed or acidic detergents containing citrus or phosphates.
- Avoid detergents containing fabric softeners, optical brighteners or chlorine bleach. Usage will void your warranty.
- Avoid nappy balms containing zinc or petroleum unless using a reusable/disposable liner.
- Long term use of higher temperatures on PUL can decrease lifespan and will void your warranty.
Bare and Boho Warranty
The warranty is extended to original owner of the product only, and proof of purchase must be supplied. This warranty applies in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
- All products, excluding sale items, are guaranteed against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase.
- As soon as you notice any defects within the abovementioned warranty period, please stop using the product and email us with details of the defect and pictures of the product showing the defect.
- If we agree that the products are defective, then at our discretion, we will organise a refund, repair or replacement (whichever we think is most appropriate in the circumstances) and will cover associated postage costs (including for you to return the product to us to our address set out in the Our Contact Details section below).
CLAIMS COVERED BY WARRANTY:
- Defective snaps, zippers and closures
- Substantive flaws in fabric and stitching
- PUL delamination or disintegration.
CLAIMS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY (NOT LIMITED TO):
- Shrinkage in natural fibres (organic hemp/bamboo-cotton will shrink: read product descriptions for more information)
- PUL delamination or disintegration from high temperature washing, being left in the sun for extended periods of time, tumble drying which does not comply with the care label, or being kept wet for extended periods of time
- Damage to inserts from non-compliance with care labels, and use of nappy barrier cream, fabric softeners, bleach, or detergents containing whiteners, dyes, perfumes, essential oils, or vinegar.
- Any type of modification such as cutting, stitching, removing aspects, or attaching or incorporating it into any other item etc. (including the care label)
- Ordinary wear and tear
- Snags to fabric
- Fading caused by non-compliance with care labels or being left in the sun for extended periods of time
- Any claim arising in relation to a product which is sold ‘one size’ and which is not an exact fit for a person falling within the specified weight range, except where the product does not fit at all. ‘One size’ products are designed to fit multiple sizes within the weight range, creating varied fit results
- Any claim arising in relation to a product where the purchase was not made directly through our site, a verified retailer or stockist of ours (Eg the product was purchased on the second-hand market.), except for where we have manufactured the products ourselves.
- Where the product has been thrown away, destroyed, lost, or damaged through no fault of ours
- Where the product has been misused, abused, or subjected to neglect, improper or inadequate care, carelessness, damage or abnormal conditions.
Bare and Boho's decision on any warranty claim is final.