Kangacare Care Guide
- Prewash nappy twice before first use. Nappy will reach full absorency after approximately 6 washes.
- Do not soak soiled nappies before washing. Dry Pail only.
- Rinse before your main wash
- Max wash temperature 40 degrees
- Use powder not liquid detergent
- No harsh stain removers or bleach
- No fabric softeners. They will reduce absorbency
- Line dry or tumble dry on cool. Avoid line drying in direct sunshine during UK hottest months as the heat of the sun can damage or fade nappies.
- Avoid nappy creams or use a disposable liner if you have to use them.
Full Kangacare Washing Instructions can be found on the manufactures website here.
Kangacare warranty is only for the original purchasers of the products. The warranty starts from date of purchase not first use.
Kangacare offer a lifetime warranty on all snaps.
Kangacare have a 3 month warranty on all elastics. Elastics that have become un-attached in the casing, stitching undone, or have a defect due to a manufacturing error are covered under the warranty. Elastic that has been dissolved or become corroded due to detergents or cleaning agents, or have given out due to time, wear and tear are not covered under the warranty. To get the longest life out of your nappies and their elastics please chose a detergent from their recommended list.
Sewing:General Warranty Information:
Kangacare have a 6 month warranty on all stitching and seams. Manufacturer sewing defects will arise immediately or within the first couple of washes. In nappies, this warranty includes stitching that will affect the functionality. This includes stitching that encases elastics in the legs and back. This warranty does not cover top stitching that has been "popped", which is aesthetic, and does not affect the function of the nappy. This is usually caused by the over-stretching of the tabs. Holes or snags that occur in any of the fabrics due to wear and tear of the product are not covered under Kangacare's warranty.
Defects may either be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Kanga Care. All nappies must arrive clean, unstained, lint free, and dry. All nappies with excessive wear will not be replaced or repaired under their warranty. One Size nappies are designed to last through the nappy life cycle of 1 child. A one size nappy is 4 sizes in one diaper and is used continuously for 3+ years, unlike sized nappies which are only used for an average of 4-6 months per size. When well cared for, many families are able to use the same one size diapers on a second child. At this time they would recommend purchasing a new set of inserts to refresh the absorbency back to its max. One size nappies lasting through multiple children is not a guarantee or promise. Kangacare can not guarantee how long they will last. Just like any other garment, during the process of using, washing, and drying the nappy, wearing will occur. The life expectancy of our products depends on the degree of care taken, the quantity of nappies in your rotation and type of abuse the nappy is given. The average cloth nappy replaced 375 disposable diapers.
What is not covered under their warranty:
- Sizing/Fit Issues
- Lack of absorbency/repelling
- Wear and Tear
What will void your warranty:
- Washing instructions are not followed, including, but not limited to:
- Use of Sanitising cycle while washing or water temperature above 130ºF/54°C
- Use of and or soaking in bleach, Borax based cleaners, Oxy Clean, or any other caustic substances that may damage the materials and compromise the integrity of the elastics and waterproof nature of the waterproof laminate.
Kangacare's decision on any warranty claim is final. Full details can be found on their site here.