Bear Bott All In Two Overview
Bear Bott All In Two (AI2) system needs two parts, the nappy cover PLUS an insert that poppers in.
This product page is just the insert and covers are bought separately.
Bear Bott All in two cloth nappies are a slim nappy consisting of two parts
- The Bear Bott nappy insert
- The Bear Bott AI2 waterproof nappy cover
The Bear Bott absorbent nappy insert poppers in and out of the Bear Bott waterproof cover to make a nappy that goes on in one simple step.
How many Bear Bott inserts and covers do I need?
As a guide with Version 1 Covers you will need 1 Bear Bott Cover for every 2 Bear Bott inserts.
As a guide with Version 2 Covers you will need 1 Bear Bott Cover for every 4 Bear Bott inserts.
A full time set in Version 1 would be 20 inserts with 10 covers.
A full time set in Version 1 would be 20 inserts with 5 covers.
Version 1 Cover
The All-In-Two V2 nappy cover is made from two layers of high quality PUL (thermally bonded using heat, not chemicals) which makes the nappy waterproof and wipeable, making this a more cost effective version.
Version 2 Cover
The Bear Bott Version 1 AI2 cover is lined with faux suede cloth. The faux suede cloth lining can pick up wetness from a very wet insert so unlike other all in two systems you can't always just replace the inner pad and reuse the cover. This is especially true with the bamboo inserts, the staydry inserts due to the nature of the fabric tend to keep the suede cloth drier.
If your suede cloth is still clean and dry you can just pop in a new insert and reuse the cover, however if it's not then the wrap will need to be washed as well as the insert.
Bear Bott All In Two is a birth to potty nappy, as with any onesize nappy system there will be some compromise on fit.
The same nappy needs to fit a little baby and a big toddler. The compromise tends to be mainly at the lower end of the weight range, once baby reaches 10/12lbs most of this compromise on fit has passed as baby has filled out.
How do I use it?
The Bear Bott cover is lined with suede cloth and if this remains clean/soil free you can immediately snap your spare insert into the cover to reuse it a second time.
If the suede cloth has become soiled the cover will need washing before it can be reused, the covers dry very quickly and dry quicker than the inserts so a ratio of 2 inserts to 1 cover tends to work well.
Bear Bott All In Two Nappy Fabric Options
Version 2 Tencel Insert - NEW 2023
Top and bottom layers of Athletic Wicking Jersey to keep your babies bum dry and cool, inside the absorbent layers are made up of Tencel, Bamboo and Cotton!
An incredibly slimline yet absorbent nappy insert which dries quickly!
Stay Dry Insert VERSION 1 - DISCONTINUED
- Stay dry fabric outer layers to wick away moisture from your baby keeping their skin and locking it away.
- The staydry layer makes this the most popular insert as it keeps baby's skin drier.
- The insert is made from highly absorbent core layers of microfiber and bamboo. The perfect combination!
- Soft and silky texture is extremely comfortable against the skin.
- Quick drying for British winter.
- Composition of Stay Dry Insert - 30% Polyester / 55% Microfiber / 15% Bamboo.
Bamboo Insert - VERSION 1 - DISCONTINUED
- Naturally derived and very absorbent.
- Made from woven bamboo
- As there is no staydry layer you'll need to use a separate liner.
- Natural fibres do take longer to dry so you will need to allow a longer drying time with the bamboo insert.
- Bamboo will go harder over time just like bathroom towels do in hard water areas. To resoften the bamboo fabric you can briefly tumbledry on low. It is very important that they are tumble dried on low as bamboo can be damaged if dried on high heat, for the same reason keep away from drying directly on a radiator.
- Composition of Bamboo Insert - 85% Bamboo / 15% Polyester.