Nappy Advice Questionnaire© Find The Most Suitable Nappies For Your Baby
Discover what The Nappy Lady recommends for you & receive a special discount with your recommendation.
The Nappy Lady advice questionnaire is the original advice service. We've helped families for over 23 years to choose the right reusable nappies for them.
FAQ's Cloth Nappy Questionnaire
Why should you buy reusable nappies?
- You will save a huge amount of nappies from going to landfill, the average baby uses 5500 nappies from birth to potty training. Swap that mountain of disposable with just 20 reusable nappies.
- Reliability- A good reusable nappy actually leaks LESS than disposables. Cloth nappies give you strong elastics to contain poonamis and unlimited absorbency, ideal for night time nappies.
- Babies in reusable nappies usually potty train around 6 months earlier than those in disposable nappies.
- Comfort - No nasties in our nappies just wonderful soft fluffy absorbent fabric.
- Save money, no need for that weekly purchase of disposables you'll have everything you need with your bundle of reusable nappies. Go on and reuse for subsequent children too.
Read our article on the advantages of reusable nappies.
How many reusable nappies do I need?
Your nappy advice recommendation letter will cover exactly what you need but as a general guide you will need the following.
- 20 cloth nappies if you are planning to use reusable nappies from newborn.
- 15 cloth nappies if you are using them from 6 months on
I know some other nappy companies can recommend 25, 30 or even 40 newborn nappies. Now you could have this many and would be washing less frequently however the cost of purchasing this many is going to get expensive . While my sales reports would love you to buy more nappies I don't want you to overspend and for this reason I stick with a more reasonable 20.
Do reusable nappies really save money?
Yes they do. Read our comprehensive guide to comparing costs of reusable nappies and disposable nappies.
Is washing cloth nappies difficult?
I haven't got a tumble dryer is this a problem?
Not at all. Washable nappies come in lots of different fabrics. If you need quick drying you should consider microfibre and avoid bamboo fabrics, available as a two part sytem or an all in one. We actually actively try to avoid tumble drier useage Shop our quick drying category.
Aren't reusable nappies hot and sweaty?
Nope modern cloth nappies are actually more breathable than a disposable nappy and give a cooler nappy temperature. See the breathability demonstration.
But Cloth Nappies cause nappy rash!
Nope wrong again! Independent scientific investigation has found no difference between nappy rash in disposables or cloth nappies. Cloth nappies have no nasty chemicals and are more breathable. We have many customers who change to washable nappies to stop nappy rash.
The Nappy Lady Advice Service.
The Nappy Lady questionnaire has been in use for over 23 years and very little has changed in the questionnaire over that time. Simply complete the questionnaire and it will cover everything that we need to know to recommend the best cloth nappy for your baby or child. It will make you consider things that you never even knew were important when choosing a nappy. How many children do you have, might you have more in the future? What washing facilites do you have? Are you a tall family? What are your top priorities when looking for a nappy?