Me Luna Intensive Cleaner Overview
Me Luna Intensive cleaner is for removing stubborn discolouration of your menstrual cup. Me Luna Intensive cleaner is for occasional deep cleaning.
THIS CLEANER IS NOT PROVIDED FOR DAILY OR PERMANENT USE! We stock daily cleaners including Me Luna Cleansing soap for regular washing.
Causes of Staining
There are two possible causes of discolouration that may occur when using a menstrual cup:
- Discolouration by the menstrual fluid during use. This can lead to an uneven stain by the red blood haemoglobin cells. This discolouration can't be completely avoided but can be limited by good cleaning.
- A slight yellowing by the light and air for clean menstrual cups. In coloured cups this effect is often hardly noticed.
How to use
Please dose 1/2 tsp to 100ml of warm water. Leave your menstrual cup in the cleaning bath for 2 to 4 hours. After that rinse the menstrual cup thoroughly with water!
Soda = sodium carbonate (150g)
- Store in a cool, dry place in closed container.
- Please handle carefully with soda and wear rubber gloves if necessary as the solution degreases the skin.
- Do not breathe the dust. Sodastic dust irritates eyes and respiratory tract.
Here we have an example of extreme coloration by use:
Figure 1 shows the original color of a Me Luna® cup gold-glittery.
Figure 2 shows the color after a few months of use. Probably it was not always immediately and thoroughly washed after use.
Figure 3 shows the color after a one-time intensive cleaning.