How To Run A Monthly Washing Machine Maintenance Cycle
Why do you need to run a monthly maintenance cycle on your washing machine?
It is very important to run a monthly maintenance cycle on your washing machine regardless if you are using nappies or not. A monthly maintenance cycle keeps your machine running at it's best.
A maintenance cycle ensures that your washing machine is clean, hygienic and working in the optimum way. A clean washing machine means clean nappies. Follow us on Facebook for our monthly washing machine maintenance cycle reminder.
Steps to complete a monthly washing maintenance cycle
- Turn off the machine
- Remove the drawer
- Remove the filter
- Make sure you put a towel underneath as some water may come out
- Clean the drawer and filter in warm soapy water
- Clean the inside of the drawer
- Clean the inside of the filter
- Wipe around the seal
- Clean the inside of the door
- Clean outside of the machine
- Run an empty wash cycle (no detergent) and no laundry using the machine cleaning cycle
- If you don't have a machine cleaning cycle then a long wash at 90deg.
Do you use detergent in a maintenance wash?
No you do not unless you are using a specific product designed for maintenance washes. A maintenance wash helps to remove any built up detergent residue so you don't want to be adding more.
How long does a maintenance wash take?
On most machines it is around 45mins to 90mins
How often should I run a maintenance wash cycle?
For an average family you should run this cycle monthly.