Why Use Reusable Wipes
Say Goodbye to Single-Use Wipes and Hello to Reusable Cloth!
What are reusable wipes?
Washable Wipes are small pieces of cloth used to clean babies, children and adults and are the most efficient replacement for the disposable wipes. In some cases only one wipe will be needed for the nappy change, and this difference is huge compared to disposable wipes.
Why use reusable wipes?
Using reusable wipes instead of disposable wipes has several benefits:
- Cost-effective: Reusable wipes save money in the long run since they are washed and reused many times. Cloth wipes can be especially beneficial for families with children in nappies who use many disposable baby wipes every day.
- Sustainability: Reusable baby wipes are environmentally friendly and help reduce waste going to landfill. According to one estimate a newborn baby will get through 900 wipes per month*. Using washable baby wipes will save all this waste. There are no micro plastics in reusable wipes further protecting our planet.
- Health benefits: Reusable wipes are usually made of natural, breathable materials. Popular fabrics are cotton wipes or bamboo wipes. The soft cloth wipes are gentle on a baby's skin. A reusable wipe also does not contain the chemicals and fragrances often found in disposable wipes. This can help reduce the risk of nappy rash and other skin irritations. Many people use their washable wipes with plain water or make a homemade wipe solutions. Using a Poppet is another time saving option for divine smelling cloth wipes.
- Versatility: Reusable wipes can be used for a variety of tasks beyond just nappy changes, such as wiping hands and faces or cleaning up spills. The loops of fabric on the reusable wipes grip any messes rather than smearing them around as disposable wet wipes do meaning you clean up messes quicker.
- Convenience: Reusable wipes are stored in a bag or container. When going out and about a wipes wet bag is perfectwhen going out or at home a container such as the Cheeky Wipes storage tub. Reusable wipes are washed along with cloth nappies or other household laundry in the washing machine. They are a convenient addition to a cloth nappy routine.
Overall, using reusable wipes is a sustainable and cost-effective choice that can also provide health and convenience benefits for parents and babies.