Mother-ease Care Guide
- Add no more than 10-12 nappies to your washer & dryer in each initial wash. Remember to check your lint screen before each wash & dry.
- Set your washing machine to a full wash cycle with a large size load for 10-12 nappies (smaller if less nappies). Use only HOT water.
- Add your detergent - see detergent disclaimer.
- Line dry or machine dry the diapers on a medium heat setting.
- Be sure to wash your cloth nappies at least every other day. If the soiled nappies are stored longer, run them through the initial rinse cycle and toss back into your nappy pail. (Tip - you can add 1/2 oz of laundry detergent to the rinse cycle to start cleaning sooner.)
- Use your washing machines normal wash cycle and set the water temperature to hot. Use a large load size (for 12-18 soiled nappies + covers) and add the detergent manufacturers recommended amount of detergent. Then let the machine take care of the rest! (Tip - running the diapers through an extra rinse creates unnecessary wear and over the 2 1/2 years of use, you will reduce the longevity of your diapers). (Tip 2 - Select your washing machines Sanitary Cycle for even hotter water if you can.)
- Once your nappies have finished the wash cycle, it's time to dry them. You can either line or machine dry them;
Line Drying - hang to dry in your basement or outside on the line. (Tip - Sun naturally removes stains. Even works on a cold, winters day as long as the sun is out
Machine Drying - Toss in your dryer on medium heat (low for covers). (Tip - Tossing line dried diapers into your dryer for a short cycle will fluff them up but tumbling action adds additional wear)
*Coloured diapers may bleed and should be washed accordingly
Full Mother-ease washing Instructions and detergent disclaimer can be found on the manufactures website here
Mother ease offers a lifetime warranty on our Snaps and Elastics.
This warranty is for the reasonable lifetime of the diaper. This does not cover slight relaxing of
Mother ease offers a 1-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship on our:
Sandys, Fitted Diapers, One Size Fitted Diapers, Wizard Duo Inserts, Reusable Nursing Pads, Baby
Wipes, Absorbent Liners and Wizard Boosters.
This covers product stitching, seams and fabric holes discovered immediately upon receipt of
item. This does not include normal wear and tear, slight variances in snap placement, odour
issues, pilling, leaks, staining, repelling and holes or tears in the fabric or loose stitching due to
wash routine or regular use.
Mother ease offers a 6-month warranty against defects in materials and workmanship on our:
Diaper covers, Wizard Uno's, Big Kid Training Pants and Bedwetter Pants.
This covers product stitching, seams, holes discovered upon arrival, and irregular deformity. This
does not cover staining, fading, slight variances in snap placement, leaks, pilling, holes or tears
in fabric or loose stitching that develop due to wash routine or regular use (items caught, torn or
melted in the washer/dryer).
This warranty is available only to the original purchaser from the date of purchase.
All warranty is null and void when products containing harsh solvents such as hydrogen peroxide
(oxygen bleach), sodium percarbonate or optical brighteners are used.
When washing your covers Motherease recommend you wash them in a mesh bag to keep them away from Velcro on your nappies and from getting caught in washing machine doors. Always secure the Velcro on your wraps so they don't stick to the binding in the wash.
Please contact us if you think you have a faulty product and need to claim under the Motherease warranty. We will liaise with Motherease for you. Motherease will require any product to be returned or destroyed before a replacement.
The manufacturer may ask for proof of which detergent you have been using during the period you've had the item so we strongly recommend you keep your receipts you can prove you've been washing following the supplier's guidelines. A photo of the detergent box and a photo of the detergent ingredients will be needed plus receipts of detergent purchases in the time you have owned the faulty nappies (usually 1 or 2 receipts showing purchases across the previous 6 months). If you have bought Motherease's detergent through us during the time you've used the nappies please let us know and we'll have all your receipts already on record for you.
Mother-ease decision on any warranty claim is final. Full details can be found on their site here.