Bright Bots Tee Flat Overview
Do you love the idea of flat nappies for a newborn but put off a the idea of folding a muslin? Then Bright Bots Teeflats could be just the answer for you!
Bright BotsTeeflats have a long tongue and triangle wings, it is fastened using a Nappi Nippa and then covered with a waterproof wrap.
The Bright Bots TeeFlat makes a slim nappy option for a baby under 9 months. Once baby outgrows the Teeflat you can continue to use it by adding a booster and placing it inside an empty pocket nappy or pad fold in a nappy wrap like a prefold .
The Bright Bots "Tee Flat" tongue is folded down to make the Teeflat short enough to be used from birth to make a slim newborn option and can be used like this till approx 1 year old.
What is a TeeFlat?
Bright BotsTeeflats are a really unique type of Preflat nappy that is cut in the shape of a T. A Preflat / Teeflat is a flat nappy like a terry square or prefold but they have wings cut into them to make folding much simpler.
The Teeflat is 70cm long.
It is designed for use from birth to approx 9 months.
Fold in 3 for newborn size and fold in 2 to last up to 1 yea
How do I use it?
- Fold the Teeflat tongue to the required length - 3 folds for a newborn and 2 folds for an older baby
- Secure the nappy on baby using a Nappi Nippa
- Cover with a waterproof wrap. Our favourite choices would be Motherease Rikki or Airflow or Petite Crown Newborn Keepers.
As baby gets older you can add a nappy booster between the tongue folds to give give additional absorbency.
Bright Bott Teeflat is made of
- 2 layers of Bright Bots terry towelling fabric (80% cotton 20% polyester)
- 1 layer 100% cotton jersey sandwiched between.
Bright Bots are brightly coloured nappies and should be prewashed with similar colours before use on short 30c wash.
Once you are confident they are not running colour you can mix with other items.
Ideally air dry or occassionally tumble dry on low.